Home Start Meon Valley have been established in the Meon Valley area for 18 years during which around 400 volunteers have provided invaluable support to families who are finding things tough at the moment. Families, who must have at least one child under the age of five, are referred to us for many different reasons and each is matched with a volunteer who visits for 2 – 3 hours a week providing friendship, support and practical help.
We are particularly interested in finding Local Ambassador Volunteers who could help us increase our presence in your local area. We urgently need people who could help us in the following ways:
- Help us to promote Home-Start Meon Valley within your local area by increasing awareness of our work
- To take a lead on recruiting volunteers in your village/area
- Help to make sure that families who could benefit from our service know about us and know how to get referred
- Attend local events eg. Village Fetes/Fayres etc to represent us
- Liaise with local businesses and organisations to promote the work we do
- Work with local schools and pre-schools to promote engagement with our school readiness project ‘Big Hopes Big Future’
If you think you can help us then do not hesitate to get in touch!